Friday, December 02, 2005

Punch and Judy show

Dowd: We've moved on and everything's fantastic at NYT
Texas Monthly
Dowd
From Maureen Dowd's TV interview with Texas Monthly editor Evan Smith:

SMITH: Anything about Judith Miller or about her reporting or that incident that you hadn’t already written? Because you have been quite open about your feelings about that.
DOWD: Judith who? ...
SMITH: You really are moving on.
DOWD: As Bill Keller said in an interview the other day, he has Judy fatigue. I do, too. Everything I had to say was in the column. And Judy is a very forceful, intriguing woman and she’s going to have a great second chapter in whatever she decides to do.
SMITH: Did you read her response to what you wrote on her web site?
DOWD: Well, she emailed me that after I did it. So she emailed me a few times and I emailed her. So more email pals.
SMITH: Are you? Well, pals of some sort anyway.
DOWD: Don’t start a catfight, Evan.
SMITH: No. No. I’m just a spectator, Maureen.
DOWD: As Seinfeld said, men love catfights because they always think that somebody’s going to end up kissing at the end. But that’s not going to happen.

Posted at 1:20:05 PM POYNTERS

Check out this thread for a laugh...

http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/001129.html

' Don't ever go against the family! '